Gutters play a vital role in guiding rainwater away from your home, ensuring the foundation remains solid and free from water-related damage. When gutters don't do their job right, they can cause wood to rot and weaken the gutter's support, making it unstable.
The DIY Guide to Fixing Leaky Gutters
No need to ring up an expensive repair service. With Liquid Rubber Waterproof Sealant, you can seal those leaks yourself, ensuring your home stays protected. Here's a step-by-step guide to get the job done:
- Clear Out Debris: Make sure the repair area is free from leaves or any other obstructions.
- Clean the Surface: A pristine surface ensures the best stickiness. Let the surface dry fully after cleaning.
- Use the Seam Tape: Seam Tape can be used to cover joints and seams. Lay it flat without stretching. Overlap layers to cover the leak area entirely.
- Guard Your Paint: Apply painter's tape around the repair zone, particularly if it's close to painted parts of your home.
- Apply the Sealant: With a brush, coat the area generously with Liquid Rubber Waterproof Sealant.
- Let It Dry: Wait until the sealant feels tacky but not wet.
- Add Another Layer: Brush on another coat, extending slightly beyond the previous one's boundaries.
- Remove the Tape: Do this while the sealant is still wet.
- Dry Completely: Depending on the repair's size, drying might take several days.
- Test the Repair: Pour some water over the dried area and check for leaks.
Tips for Best Results
Repair your gutters when temperatures are above 5C/40F but avoid overly sunny days. Ensure no rain is forecasted on your chosen day.
Keep Your Gutters In Check
Even after a successful repair with Liquid Rubber Waterproof Sealant, regular inspections are crucial. While your fixed area might remain sealed, neighboring regions may require attention. Consider coating the inside surface of your entire gutter system with the sealant to preemptively guard against leaks.
Choose Liquid Rubber Waterproof Sealant
An affordable and easy-to-use solution, Liquid Rubber Waterproof Sealant can save you from the hassles of a leaky gutter. It's safe, non-toxic, and perfect for households with kids and pets.