Metal roofs, known for their durability, strength, and energy efficiency, can still fall victim to rust and leaks. The solution? DIY waterproofing with Liquid Rubber Waterproof Sealant.
This guide will show you how to apply this sealant effectively to protect your metal roof from the elements.
What Causes a Metal Roof to Leak?
Leaks in metal roofs can result from:
- Loose or missing fasteners
- Panel damage
- Compromised headwall or flashing
- Missing trim
- Damaged gutters and downspouts
- Seam gaps
- Rust damage and holes
How to Repair a Leaking Roof
You don't need a costly contractor to fix these issues. Here’s how to waterproof your metal roof using Liquid Rubber products:
- Secure the Fasteners: Tighten, add, or replace all loose fasteners.
- Clean the Surface: Remove debris and rust, then power-wash or clean smaller areas with acetone. Let the roof dry thoroughly.
- Apply Seam Tape: Use Liquid Rubber Seam Tape for cracks or seams larger than 1/8th of an inch.
- Seal Smaller Areas: Apply Liquid Rubber Sealant & Adhesive Caulk on smaller seams, smoothing it after application.
- Tape Vents and Protrusions: Apply Seam Tape around vents, flashing, and protrusions.
- Paint Over Seam Tape: Use Liquid Rubber Waterproof Sealant over the taped areas for extra sealing.
- Coat the Entire Roof: Apply Liquid Rubber Waterproof Sealant across the roof using a brush, roller, or sprayer. Allow each coat to dry before applying the next.
- Avoid Hot, Direct Sunlight: Apply when temperatures are above 5C/40F.
- Check Weather Forecasts: Avoid starting if precipitation is expected.
- Morning Application: Ideal for areas with morning dew, allowing time for drying.
Buy Liquid Rubber Waterproof Sealant Today
Liquid Rubber Waterproof Sealant offers an affordable, effective solution for metal roof waterproofing. It not only saves money on repairs but also adds aesthetic value to your home.
Being solvent-free, non-toxic, and safe for pets and family, it's a smart choice for DIY roof maintenance.