If you love roaming our beautiful country in your caravan, you know how essential upkeep is. Today, we're talking about one task you can't ignore: sealing your caravan’s roof. Let's jump right in!
Why Bother Sealing the Caravan Roof?
Simple: to prevent water damage. Your caravan's roof battles the elements daily. A proper seal keeps water out, avoiding issues like mould, structural damage, and even a hit to your caravan's resale value.
When to Use Liquid Rubber Waterproof Sealant?
Look out for these signs:
- Cracks or tears in the roof.
- Water stains inside your caravan.
- Mould or mildew.
- Loose sealing around fixtures.
Guide to Liquid Rubber Application
- Clean: A clean roof ensures better sealing. Scrub off dirt and debris, rinse, and dry.
- Inspect: Check for damage. You'll need to address any issues before sealing.
- Apply Sealant: Use a caravan-friendly sealant which is Liquid Rubber; applying it evenly across the surface.
- Cure: Let the sealant cure for 24 hours, avoiding any moisture during this period.
- Check: Inspect your work and touch up any missed spots. Annual inspections are best, but if your caravan faces the harsh Aussie sun daily, check more often.
Why Liquid Rubber?
Liquid Rubber sealants are perfect for the job — easy to apply and durable, designed with the Australian climate in mind. With Liquid Rubber, you ensure your caravan stays ready for adventures. Check out our range and get your caravan road-ready today! Safe travels, caravaners!