Gutters play a crucial role in directing rainwater away from your home, safeguarding its foundation. A malfunctioning gutter can lead to wood rot, fascia deterioration, and even structural damage.
One of the most severe consequences of a leaky gutter is foundation damage, which can be expensive to repair. By addressing gutter leaks promptly, you can prevent these costly issues. A reliable solution is the Liquid Rubber Waterproof Sealant.
Reasons Behind Gutter Leaks Gutters, whether old or new, can develop leaks. Factors include:
- Wear and tear from prolonged exposure to weather elements.
- Missing screws or loose joints allowing water to seep out.
- Clogs causing water to stagnate and corrode the metal.
- Ineffective past repair attempts with unsuitable sealants.
Steps to Repair a Leaky Gutter with Liquid Rubber Waterproof Sealant
- Clear the Area: Begin by removing any debris or leaves from the affected spot.
- Ensure a Clean Surface: Clean the area thoroughly and let it dry. A clean surface ensures optimal adhesion.
- Bridge Gaps: Use Liquid Rubber Seam Tape to cover joints and seams. Lay it flat without stretching, ensuring it overlaps across the leak.
- Shield Painted Regions: Use painter's tape to protect nearby painted areas and the gutter's outer edge.
- Apply the Sealant: Generously brush on the Liquid Rubber Waterproof Sealant, ensuring the seam tape edges are covered.
- Dry Time: Wait for 4-6 hours or until the sealant is tacky but not wet.
- Second Coat: Apply another layer of the sealant, extending slightly beyond the first coat's edges.
- Tape Removal: While the sealant is still wet, remove the painter's tape.
- Complete Drying: Depending on the repair size, it might take days for the sealant to fully cure.
- Test the Repair: Once dried, pour water over the area to ensure the leak is sealed.
For optimal results, choose a day with temperatures above 5C/40F and no direct sunlight. Avoid rainy forecasts and aim to finish the repair early if dew is expected the next day.
For minor repairs, smaller sizes of seam tape and sealant are available.
Maintaining Your Fixed Gutter
Even after using Liquid Rubber Waterproof Sealant, it's wise to inspect the repair area each season. While the repaired spot might remain sealed, adjacent areas might need attention. To fortify your gutter system, coat its interior with the sealant to preempt potential leaks.
Why Choose Liquid Rubber Waterproof Sealant?
Liquid Rubber Waterproof Sealant offers an affordable and user-friendly solution for gutter leaks. It's non-toxic, solvent-free, and safe for households with pets and children. Protect your home from water damage by using this effective sealant. Explore our range and benefit from our loyalty program today.